Hanzala Malik's Biography
Glasgow City Council Councillor for fourteen years and currently an Member of the Scottish Parliament and holder of both computing and business administration qualifications from the University of Paisley. Serviced as Chair of Life Long Learning, Development and Regeneration Services and Glasgow & Clyde Valley Stricter Plan joint Committee. Currently Member of the Strathclyde Fire & Rescue Board, Chair of West Community Health and Care Partnership, West of Scotland Regional Equality Council, Glasgow Heritage Trust and Executive Member of International Links. Glasgow born of mixed parents (Pakistani father/Scottish mother). Languages: English, Punjabi, Urdu and beginner in Arabic.
Is very keen in international issues most recent working to bring together the twining of Lahore (Pakistan) and Glasgow and specialising in Educational & International issues.
Malcolm Green's Biography
I am a graduate of Oxford University and taught history at Glasgow University for thirty years. Alongside my academic work I served on Strathclyde Regional Council and Glasgow City Council as an elected member, specialising in education and racial equality. On retirement from the City Council in 2007 I joined WSREC and have witnessed the steady expansion of its role to embrace Eastern European migrants to Scotland and other groups at risk of actual or potential discrimination. WSREC is an exciting organisation to belong to and I look forward to its continuing to create opportunities for people of different backgrounds to work and celebrate together.
Vincent Chudy's Biography
Manager of Glasgow (Central) Citizens’ Advice Bureau for just over 37 years and currently Director and Secretary of same.
Served on the Board of WSREC for over 30 years and for many of these years have been on the Finance and Personnel Sub- committees. Have been chair of Personnel sub-committee for several years.
Possesses much committee experience including chairmanship at different levels, experienced trainer and assessor and has much media experience in press, radio and television.
Harriette Campbell's Biography
Originally from Gambia, West Africa. Trained as a nurse and midwife in Gambia and subsequently re-trained as nurse in the United Kingdom and work for the NHS for 30 years and also active trade unionist. Also obtained qualification in counseling and cognitive behaviour. Founding member of the Ethnic Minority Women’s Centre in Glasgow. Currently involved in community planning in East Dunbartonshire, the Ethnic Minority Forum in East Dunbartonshire, Glasgow Equalities Partnership, African and Caribbean Women’s Association and the Sickle Cell Anemia group in Glasgow. Now retired she is also married with two children and two grandchildren.
Sharon Schlesinger's Biography
Originally from Manchester, then working in London, Sharon Schlesinger recently retired after being a class teacher at Pollokshields Primary School for about 20 years. She has been involved in Race Equality, Inter Faith and Jewish community work for many years and was Convener of the Scottish Inter Faith Council.
Syed Jafri's Biography
A retired businessman working in the service and retail industry in excess of three decades, has been a WSREC Board member for the last five years.
He is educated to post-graduate level in English, Economics and Oriental Languages from Punjab University Pakistan.
Since his retirement has been engaged with a number of organisations on a voluntary bases including chair of Communities United, vice chair Pollokshields Development Association and vice Convenor of Ethnic Minorities Law Centre.
He was recognised for ‘services to the community’ and had the honour of being invited to St. James Palace London by HRH Prince of Wales.
His other interest is watching documentaries on world affairs
Anne McTaggart's Biography
Anne was a member of the Scottish Parliament for Glasgow between 2011 and 2016, where she served as Scottish Labour’s Shadow Minister for Democracy and Shadow Minister for Europe and International Development. Anne has a diverse career history including her role as a Glasgow City Councillor for Drumchapel/Anniesland and Community Development worker. She studied Community Education at the University of Strathclyde and has lived in the Knightswood area of Glasgow for over 20 years, where she resides with her husband and three children. She is passionate about social justice and has a keen interest in women’s issues and has been on the WSREC board since 2011.
Onkar Singh Jandu's Biography
Graduated with a degree from the Faculty of Arts of the Panjab University, Chandigarh, India. Came Glasgow from India in 1964 and initially worked in a plastics factory and thereafter worked in the transport department of Glasgow City Council for 24 years before retiring. Has been involved in community work and management boards for many years holding office in the Guru Nanak Gurdwara (Sikh temple) and Charing Cross Housing Association in Glasgow. Currently chair of Asra (formerly north West Elderly Care Forum) and sits on the board of the West of Scotland Regional Equality Council.
Married with children and grandchildren.
Antony Kozlowski's Biography
Antony is a retired forensic ethicist and consultant in liability and risk management who has devoted much of his personal life to the help of others and to society at large. He is also a published author, an educator, and a National Panel Refereeing Coach for the Scottish Rugby Union. He is an alumnus of Strathclyde University and of St Francis Xavier University in Canada. After leaving military service, he joined a firm of merchant bankers in Scotland before emigrating to Toronto in 1966. He is a past-president of the XL RFC, the Toronto Scottish RFC, the Toronto and District Rugby Referees’ Society, the Ontario Rugby Referees’ Society, and the Cliffcrest Community Association. He is a former executive director of the Toronto & District Soccer Association and a former director of both the Ontario Soccer Association and the Ontario Rugby Union. He served for five years on the Council of the College of Nurses of Ontario. He is a life member of the Glasgow Academical Club and of McCrae’s Battalion Trust. He is a member of the Kelvin Foundation, Wooden Spoon, the Institute for Global Ethics, the British Cold War Veterans, the Royal Canadian Legion, and a member of the Board of Advisors of the Institute for Insurance Ethics at Illinois State University. Currently, Antony is vice-Chair and Convenor of the Finance & Admin Committee at the General Wladyslaw Sikorski Memorial House Polish Social and Educational Society in Glasgow. He sits on the Scottish Parliamentary Cross-Party Group on Poland. Antony is married to Rena and is a great-grand-father.
Sheele Mukherjee's Biography
I am privileged to be a co-opted member of WSREC since August 2015.
I hold a double Masters degree in Political Science and Economics, a Diploma in Teaching Community Languages and a Diploma in Race and Community Relations.
I worked for Strathclyde/West of Scotland Community Relations Council from 1990 to 2000, where I was involved in specialised community and policy development projects aimed at various sections of the black and minority ethnic communities. My achievements include the setting up of the first ever ethnic minorities Carer’s Group in Scotland and an Elderly Day Care Centre. Following retirement, I worked as Project Co-ordinator for West Dunbartonshire Black and Ethnic Minorities Communities Partnership Project.
I have also been a member of the Children’s Panel and Social Security and Disability Appeals Tribunal.
I am passionate about community work, sports, health, and music and am currently a member of the St Leonards Community Council, East Kilbride, member of the Health & Wellbeing Task Group – Seniors Together, South Lanarkshire, member of the Association of Indian Organisations, Chairperson of the Durga Puja Committee Glasgow, Secretary of the Intercultural Milan Group in Lanarkshire, Treasurer of the Ethnic Minorities Sports Association and Treasurer of SaReGa.
- 81st Emergency Board of Directors Minutes 25th November 2020 (271 kB)
- 80th Board of Directors Minutes 2nd November 2020 (248 kB)
- 79th Board of Directors Minutes 7th September 2020 (226 kB)
- 78th Board of Directors Minutes 24th June 2020 (221 kB)
- 77th Board of Directors Minutes 8th June 2020 (256 kB)
- 76th Board of Directors Minutes 10th February 2020 (573 kB)
- 75th Board of Directors Minutes 18th November 2019 (579 kB)
- 74th Board of Directors Minutes 4th October 2019 (557 kB)
- 73rd Board of Directors Minutes 9th September 2019 (175 kB)
- 72nd Board of Directors Minutes 26th June 2019 (135 kB)
- 71st Board of Directors Minutes 29th April 2019 (138 kB)
- 70th Board of Directors Minutes 11th February 2019 (135 kB)
- 69th Board of Directors Minutes 19th November 2018 (108 kB)
- 68th Board of Directors Minutes of 10th September 2018 (159 kB)
- 67th Board of Directors Minutes of 2nd July 2018 (57 kB)
- 66th Board of Directors Minutes of 23rd April 2018 (200 kB)
- 65th Board of Directors Minutes of 12th February 2018 (63 kB)
- 64th Board of Directors Minutes of 11th December 2017 (64 kB)
- 63rd Board of Directors Minutes of 16th October 2017 (788 kB)
- 62nd Board of Directors Minutes of 9th August 2017 (373 kB)
- 61st Board of Directors Minutes of 5th July 2017 (150 kB)
- 60th Board of Directors Minutes of 24th April 2017 (54 kB)
- 59th Board of Directors Minutes of 13th February 2017 (68 kB)
- 58th Board of Directors Minutes of 17th October 2016 (86 kB)
- 57th Board of Directors Minutes of 27th July 2016 (57 kB)
- 56th Board of Directors Minutes of 13th July 2016 (52 kB)
- 55th Board of Directors Minutes of 25th April 2016 (100 kB)
- 54th Board of Directors Minutes of 15th Feb 2016 (175 kB)
- 53rd Board of Directors Minutes of 19th Oct 2015 (65 kB)
- 52nd Board of Directors Minutes of 24th August 2015 (58 kB)
- 51st Board of Directors Minutes of 27th April 2015 (84 kB)
- 50th Board of Directors Minutes of 8th December 2014 (137 kB)
- 49th Board of Directors Minutes of 8th September 2014 (78 kB)
- 48th Board of Directors Minutes of 11th August 2014 (62 kB)
- 47th Board of Directors Minutes 28th April 2014 (87 kB)
- 46th Board of Directors Minutes 3rd February 2013 (247 kB)
- 45th Board of Directors Minutes 9th December 2013 (291 kB)
- 44th Board of Directors Minutes 2nd September 2013 (181 kB)
- 43rd Board of Directors Minutes 23rd of July 2013 (200 kB)